Tuesday, August 23, 2016

40k Age of Sigmar: Astra Militarum

Having received a request to do the good old Imperial Guard next, I shall oblige.  I've only gotten a little bit completed so far, but here's a few warscrolls to get you started.  I've got rough drafts for the Company Commander, Infantry Squad, and Imperial Commissar.  The Company Commander is cool because he can issue two commands per turn.  I figured since the IG have issuing commands as a mechanic in 40k, they should probably be awesome at issuing commands in AoS.


The Imperial Commissar is a support character who can dish out a bit of hurt while also keeping his charges from running off.


The heart of the Astra Militarum is the Infantry Squad.  For obvious reasons, they're very similar to a tactical squad, but they have access to mortars, which do not require line of sight!  Other "Infantry Platoon" units are going to get a bonus for being near an Infantry Squad, which will make the Infantry Squad a great focal point for the Astra Militarum to rally around.


6 comments:

  1. Hey, Duncan. I recently started working on a 40k conversion myself due to my kids (who love AoS) wanting to play a simpler version of 40k. I would love to collaborate with you as you have done quite a lot of work on the warscrolls. To be clear, I will be working to change some of the AoS rules to better fit 40k models. This means streamlined rules for flyers, vehicles and all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arcan, thanks for taking an interest in the project. I'm not so much looking to go beyond battletome type content; however, if you'd like another pair of eyes on your AoS rules hack, you can find me on "the Grand Alliance" forums (my handle is nacnudllah, you should be able to message me there). I'd also be happy to link to anything you come up with!

      Delete
  2. Hi Duncan !!!
    You are indeed a man of honor !!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you !!
    Please go on, I'm eager to see Basilisks, Leman Russes and Sentinels on our tables!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a note, are you sure about a guardsman with a lasgun hitting on a 4+ and wounding on a 4+ ?
    I play with IG since 2nd edition and I feel you overpowered them a little bit.
    My humble suggestion is a hit 4+ / wound 5+ with a lasgun and a hit 4+ / wound 3+ with a heavy weapon !
    Let me know what do you think about it !
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it seems a little harsh to make IG worse than Empire Crossbowmen. However, I actually did implement the 4+/3+ swap with the Heavy Weapon. It seemed more likely that Heavy Weapons would be easier to wound with than to hit with.

      Delete
    2. :) Trust me, a lasgun is a little more than a torchlight !! :)
      and yes, twenty imperial crossbowmen are a respected unit, 20 guardsmen are little more than an excuse to field armoured mighties like tanks and self propelled artillery :D :D

      Delete