Thursday, February 9, 2017

Flame Weapons

Now that I've finished most of the meat of the warscrolls, what's next?  I've had a few requests and things that I missed pointed out to me.  On my to do list are Chaos Cultists, Eldar War Walkers, Officio Assassins, and a few other strays.  However, the next big update is going to be an across the board one.  One of the things I've disliked since my first play-test games was the way I had designed flame weapons from the flamer "tactical weapon" type to the burna and so forth.


I had envisioned them as weapons that can be fired in combat, and that was just not the way they felt like they should work.  So I'm changing everything to a roll to hit, followed by mortal wounds; and the range will be extended to more like 9" on pretty much all former weapons that followed the mortal wounds/template weapons mechanic.

Here is a preview of the new language for the "flame" tactical weapon type.

  • Flame: Instead of attacking normally with a flame weapon, choose an enemy unit within 9” and make a roll to hit.  If you hit and have a flame pistol, that unit suffers 1 mortal wound.  It suffers D3 if you have a flamer, and D6 if you have a heavy flamer.

Then, weapons like Burnas and Incinerators and Flamers and so forth will work like this:


I'm going to roll out the update all at once within a week or two so I can work some other things into it as well.  Also, you may notice the date in the top left-hand corner of the Burnas warscroll.  I will be dating all warscrolls now with the last time I changed them.  That way it will be easy to tell what's new in the future as things stabilize.

No comments:

Post a Comment