Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Bloat

His brothers in arms simply call him "The Bloat". He used to have a name, but nobody uses it now that he's dead, his belly swollen with rot and Nurglings. Some suspect that he's actually just a meatbag full of the vile little creatures and that when he 'dies' again, they'll come pouring out. Whatever it is that keeps him walking, it's rendered him formidable enough that nobody has yet been able to test that theory.

I kind of want to get a Nurgling swarm for my skirmish warband, and not deploy it normally.  Instead, when The Bloat is slain, I'll put the Nurglings where he was, like they poured out of his corpse.

My favorite favorite part (my wife can vouch for me on this) of this conversion is my carefully sculpted belly flopping over the sword at his waist.  It was part of my artistic vision for this model, and I was super happy to have fully realized it.



This is the angle from which his orkiness most shows.  This guy is basically just a Black Ork with a Putrid Blight Kings belly glued to his front.  Then, I filled in the rest with green stuff.



Since his eyes are sewn shut, I figured his gross boils should help him see.


Last, here's a WIP pic of him.  The other cool thing I did was drill a hole perfectly straight through his hands so that I could insert the scythe.  The scythe is from the Blight Kings set, but the bottom is a gor's weapon haft.


1 comment:

  1. Love it. It may be kind of weird, but in a lot of ways I like seeing the WIP pictures more than the done... though both side by side is the best... especially for something like this where until i saw the last picture I was doing my best to guess how much of that was original model, and how much was greenstuff.

    ReplyDelete