Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Soulless Sea pt.3 - Pirates!

Got this map from a wizened duardin, claimed to have been born before chaos took the realms, not that I'd believe an old pirate.  Anyhow, a story come with it, one that was too good to be true, but it might just be.





'E said that when 'e was but a beardling twas a kingdom in the realm of metal, and the shining jewel of it was the mountain hold of Karak Gorlm.  The whole kingdom stowed their treasures away in vaults tunneled deep into the mountain.  And so it went for hundreds of years until Sigmar's pantheon disbanded and so on and chaos fell upon the land.  'E wasn't sure what caused it, but the whole kingdom fell into the sea, leaving behind only mountaintops as a chain of islands.  The duardin who lived there built mighty endrinships and fled to the sky, while their human neighbors were left to die.  The story of the treasure of Karak Gorlm fell into myth, and was eventually written off as a children's tale.

Of course, he had a map that he was willing to part with for only three gold crowns and a tankard of ale.  And if that ain't a bargain, my name's not Smitty Cystongue.

   

Now I so happen to be in possession of an old ship.  Once she was a glory, but she's grown dilapidated and weary since The Curse.  Her name's the Flyin' Tallyman, and many an adventure's been written on these planks.




   

So far, I've found two of me old crewmen who're willing to set out avoyagin' with me.  I stumbled upon my old chum Ulgar who says e's up for makin' the voyage.  We used to sail together back in the day and e's as fine a gunner as e'er sailed the mortal seas.



I found this fossil buried in a cask of ale drinkin’ away his woes.  Just another cursed soul ready ta set sail on the Flying Tallyman.  This poxy seadog goes by the name o' Drüg Rustbilge.  



The next former crewman we need to hunt down is Captain Grog'sothoth.  When we were cursed in that Nurgle temple, 'e went missin', ripped into the realm' o the dark gods.  I heard 'e's been spotted though, lurkin' about in Trollrock Estuary.  I'll report back when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment