Friday, September 30, 2016

Battletome: Space Orkz

On Monday, I updated the Space Orkz (along with Imperium Astartes) to a new Battletome style!



As with the Tyranids (which will drop as soon as I finish the points costs), they have a "fluff" page just giving a brief explanation of why they're in AoS.  These are all going to be very similar, but will each be a little bit tailored to the faction at hand.


They also now have a Battle Trait, Command Traits, Artefacts, and even their own Psychic Discipline.  To design these, I tried to balance each set of abilities as best I could with the abilities for existing factions (you can click on the pictures to enlarge them, but I didn't want to eat up all the page space with them).

The Battle Trait lets you call the WAAAGH! of old, giving your units fleet for a turn.  Their other Battle Trait, "Mob Rule", is a kind of animosity, but it mostly lets them run fast, charge fast, and sometimes get rewarded for doing so.  With Artefacts, Command Traits, and the Psychic Discipline, I tried to walk a line between recreating existing abilities/equipment from 40k while also coming up with fun new stuff.


Lastly (literally, it's the last page if you're looking through the pdf), I have added "GW" style points costs for every unit along with Battlefield Roles.  Space Orkz were pretty easy to cost since they are very similar to regular orruks in many ways.  That being said, I have marked some costs in red as experimental.  All of it is experimental of course, but these are costs I'm not so sure about.

No comments:

Post a Comment