Friday, January 6, 2017

Battletome: Craftworld

I have another completed battletome today (Battletome: Craftworld).  This time we're returning to the Craftworld Aelfs.  I've made a few pretty big changes to them, the biggest one being the return of the Aspect Warriors to 1 wound.  I had cranked them up to 2 wounds to put them on par with Space Marine type guys, but it just didn't quite feel right.  So while I have largely left their damage output intact, I have dropped them to 1 wound and made them into more of a glass cannon type set of units.



Additionally, Battle Focus has been moved to the Battle Traits.  Their second Battle Trait is "Omens of the Stars".  It references the Craftworld player's initiative roll each round to grant them an effect.  Naturally, rolling lower gives you a better effect than rolling higher, and each effect is weighted toward going last (Sorrow) or going first (Ascendance) during the battle round.

   

The Psychic Powers of the Runic Discipline are a selection of simple and generally easy to cast buffs and debuffs.  You may notice that Guide casts on a 9 even though it seems only good, perhaps not great.  Guide gives a unit +1 to hit, which would normally only be pretty awesome, but when combined with Shuriken weapons is really awesome.

   

So if you've been playing with the Craftworld warscrolls, I'd definitely recommend reading over things a bit before trying to play with the new battletome as there have been some pretty big shifts (although most of the minutiae is still the same).

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you had any plans to add the War Walker into this battle tome? Or what should proxy it in its place? As usual fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must have overlooked it! Oops. I'll put it on my to-do list :)

      Delete