Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Winds of Shyish

My narrative events have been going well, but there's been kind of a twist recently as the Ironjawz of Eucebium have run headfirst into Shyish.  Rather than draw another map, I decided to set this adventure in the Fallow Kingdom of Voldyr (from the Flesh-Eater Courts battletome).  So the first battle is going to be themed around King Marrowthirst's Corpse Orchards.

   

Also, you may recall me wobbling back and forth recently on how exactly to handle the bonus Laurels of Victory for the underdog in these battleplans.  After running two events using my variant rules for bonus points, I have decided to return to the original system.  The bonus points being tied to existing victory conditions just wasn't as much fun.  It felt more mathematic than thematic if you will.  Also, it didn't help that it seemed to really confuse people (probably just because it wasn't what they were used to, so changing it again probably will continue to not help).

I am, however, keeping the altered Reinforcements rules in-tact.  I feel like they are better in that they involve less book-keeping, and are a bit friendlier to summoning while simultaneously applying downward pressure on the more extravagant elements of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment