Sunday, August 28, 2016

40k Age of Sigmar: Ogryns, Ratlings, and Chimeras... OH MY!

Continuing with the Astra Militarum, I've made a design decision.  I think that the IG will only be defined by the "Imperium" keyword.  I think that unlike other Imperial sub-factions, they are going to be kind of the default Imperium forces.  Some keywords seem necessary while others don't, and so while Sororitas or Inquisition seem fairly important, Astra Militarum doesn't.

So as I mentioned before, the Imperium forces will feed off of the Infantry Squad to play into a kind of platoon structure where the infantry forces are important.  The Ogryn are pretty heavily cribbed from Ogor Kingdoms what with the Bull Charge, but you know, they carry guns.  I don't know if I'll make an Ogryn Tyrant with a Ripper Gun.  I just can't say.



I also made Ratlings, who actually seem like they could be pretty beast despite themselves.  They can't stand up in a stiff breeze, but they sure can dish out some pain from a long ways away.



Last, but definitely not least, I didn't want to leave those of you who might actually be using these high and dry while I finish up other things.  I figure the Chimera and Heavy Weapons Squad should round out the essentials.  I'm actually pretty proud of the Chimera's design since it's pretty different from a Rhino.  It's a little less durable, but it's got a lot more going on.  I think that Mobile Command Vehicle will be great not only for people playing IG, but also for carrying around Inquisitors, or even other Imperial heroes who want a bit of safety.  To clarify (and I'll try to reword the ability on the warscroll to give it greater clarity), the Chimera should be able to hold a unit of 12 in addition to a Hero.









No comments:

Post a Comment