Saturday, November 11, 2017

40k Warscrolls: Knight Titan

I've finally gotten around to adding one of the units I've always wanted to get into Battletome Imperium.  The colossal Knight Titan!  I don't have any myself, but the model is just so cool.  So here it is in all its glory, the only warscroll in the Collegia Titanicus allegiance (not that that's really a thing).


The Knight Titan is actually pretty simple, although I did have one big concern going into it.  I had to take a long look at how many wounds these gigantic models have.  So far, I've covered the Defiler, Morkanaut, Gorkanaut, Riptide, Wraithknight, and a pile of big ol' Tyranids.  So I'm having to police myself for scale of these models.  The biggest concern I had was the Wraithknight, which is actually taller than the Knight Titan, but more spindly.  I decided to give the Knight 16 wounds even though the Wraithknight only has 12 after reviewing the Wraithknight's warscroll and remembering that I only gave it 12 due to its powerful 5+ ward save.

I think my favorite thing about this warscroll is the Thunderstrike Gauntlet.  If you his a monster with the Thunderstrike Gauntlet, it flings it 3D6" away, crashing through other units inflicting mortal wounds.  I feel like these warscrolls are approaching a point at which one could have a pretty cool Kaiju/mech battle with them.

I'd also like to discuss the ranged weapons for a moment, because I heavily simplified them.  I know that Knight Titans have all manner of fancy big gun options, but after reviewing them, I felt like they would be adequately expressed by an Artillery Cannon with tactical weapon options.  I only included the tactical weapon options that seemed necessary, but ideologically, I would have included them all if there was enough space.  I am very in favor of people stretching the tactical weapons rules to include weapon options I may have overlooked.


While I was messing with Battletome Imperium, I remembered another unit I had been working on, and finished them up.  The Custodian Guard are now in the battletome, the sole member of the Custodes!  In Battletome Imperium, I feel pretty comfortable giving the oddball Imperial Agents type units their own keywords just for flavor.  I have no intention of fleshing out those factions unless GW does at some point, but it's fun to acknowledge that they exist.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment