Sunday, April 3, 2016

40k Age of Sigmar: Space Orks

I've finished my first pass at Space Orks warscrolls.  I haven't gotten a chance to playtest them yet, but I have certainly mathed them and determined that at least on paper they should be about right.  I'd like to share some of my favorites, but you can find the full document here.




The Big Gunz were fun because the weapons are kinda flavorful (especially the Zzap Gun, which has always been near and dear to my heart).  While most of the Space Ork warscrolls use the "Space Orkz" keyword making them a distinct Orruk faction, I gave the Grot warscrolls the Gitmob keyword.  This sets them apart slightly from the rest of the Space Orks and also gives them synergy with fantasy common goblins.  This leaves them open for inclusion in some sort of Rebel Grot force or whathaveyou.  In fact, the astute might notice that the Lobba is actually the same as the 'Goblin Rock Lobber' from the Orcs & Goblins pdf.  Last mention about the grots is that I put Orc Bully abilities on their warscrolls.  I imagine that any Runtherd from your old Gretchin squads could easily become an Orc Bully, which I did not reproduce the warscroll for, but is of course available from GW.



I haven't put the finishing touches on the Battlewagon yet ("monsters" take a long time to math), but we've got a Trukk warscroll.  Ramshackle was an odd duck because I wanted to capture the theme of it without making some D6 table to roll on or other such madness.  I ended up having it keep moving after being destroyed to capture the vibe of it falling apart around the occupants/careening around the battlefield before exploding.

I hope you enjoy the Space Orkz, and don't forget to bring the Orc Bullies!

No comments:

Post a Comment