Sunday, March 19, 2017

Battleplan: Death's Doorstep

Here's the battleplan for the next battleplan Age of Sigmar: Game Day.  The Orruks from Eucebium are continuing their push into Shyish despite heavy losses at the hands of the Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals.

   

I started off with the lofty goal of using the events' outcomes to tell an overarching story, and I'm not sure I've done a good job of that lately.  The first "season" went pretty smoothly in that regard, but as I began the second season, things have grown.  In the first season, there were 4 or so regular players.  Now most of the events draw 8 or 9 people, which means that I can't pay as much attention to all of the battles, and it's difficult to pull the story every whichaways depending on who wins each event.

I think that rather than focus on one long-form narrative, I should move to each battle deciding the fate of one location or story element (mcguffin, artefact, title, etc), and then have a big climax at the end that is based on the results of the other battles.  We'll see what happens.  Either way it's gonna be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment