Thursday, July 27, 2017

40k Warscrolls: Cult of Mars

After getting a handful of requests to continue the Age of 40k project, I have picked it back up starting with the Cult of Mars, aka Adeptus Mechanicus.  I've gotten through most of Adeptus Mechanicus proper, and am working on Skitarii now.  So today I'm going to talk about Datasmiths and their Robit buddies.



The Cybernetica Datasmith follows in the footsteps of the Orc Bully and other similar quasi-characters.  He doesn't do much besides stand near Kastelan Robots and buff them, but that's kinda' what he's meant for.  He does have a pretty rad bonus attack against Vehicle models in the form of the Dataspike.  I'm finding that, in a similar vein to Necrontyr, the Cult of Mars may end up having a lot of bonuses against Vehicles.  One choice I had to make with the Cult was whether or not to give them the Human keyword.  At the moment I've settled on not, because they are clearly more machine than man, but that's not to say I won't change my mind.


The Kastelan Robots obviously don't have the Human keyword, nor do they have the Vehicle keyword.  That's so that they can be loaded into transports (Drop Pods, Chimeras, Land Raiders) as you see fit.  I think the thing I'm most excited about with these guys is the Incendine Combustor.  It's a Heavy Flamer with two shots and exploding mortal wounds dice.  I'll likely tone it down a bit once I start mathing things out, but I like to aim high.


Last warscroll I'll show off for now is Electro-Priests.  This is a rolled together warscroll for both varieties of Electro-Priests since they seemed to have a lot of similarities, and were really only different in equipment.

So far I haven't really found a mechanical "feel" for the Cult of Mars, but as I get further on with it, I'm sure I'll figure it out.  They have a lot of ability to inflict mortal wounds, and good armour, which seems like perhaps an overly dangerous combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment