Friday, November 11, 2016

Clash of Kingdoms: 2nd attempt

Last weekend, I managed to get a couple of playtest games in using my "Clash of Kingdoms" framework.  Both games were fairly strange, but any time you want to learn something from a game, it's pretty much guaranteed that it won't go smoothly.

The main weirdness was that in both games, the Underdog would have won even without any hand on the scales (in these games the Underdog was 25 wounds down).  Because I had been doubling all Laurels of Victory in that bracket, the scores were wildly divergent even though the games were fairly hard fought.  So, having been down that road now, I don't think that multiplicative effects are the best way to go.

   

My new draft instead has the following Underdog rule:

"At the end of each of the Underdog's turns, if they scored at least one Laurel of Victory during that turn they also gain the appropriate number of bonus Laurels of Victory as shown on the table to the left."  (The table has the same points on it as the old Underdog Deeds table)

I'll be testing this one out this weekend, so hopefully it will work out nicely and I can release it to my gaming group for our next event!



No comments:

Post a Comment