Wednesday, November 21, 2018

40k Warscrolls: The Unforgiven

In case you haven't noticed, both the Nurgle Astartes and Unforgiven (Dark Angels) warscrolls are now available in the 40k Warscrolls section!  So what's there?  Let's take a look.



The thing I like most about this set of warscrolls is the nice dichotomy of Deathwing and Ravenwing.  I really structured the whole project around them conceptually.  With each new batch of Space Marine warscrolls, I like to imagine them as a whole faction to themselves (despite the fact that I know people are going to mix them with Codex marines).  With the Unforgiven, the choice to make during army construction is whether your general will be a Deathwing Captain or Ravenwing Captain, and that unlocks which type of Knights will be your battleline.  The only other units are Deathwing and Ravenwing Command Squads, which are still buffed by their respective leaders. 


The Vehicles sit somewhat outside of the Ravenwing and Deathwing construction, but that's okay (says I).

The Deathwing Captain gives you Deathwing Assault, which is the first time I've tackled Deep Strike rules in my warscrolls.  I think I might use a similar special rule for a Terminator Captain warscroll for Codex marines.  The Ravenwing Captain gives you... Ravenwing Assault!  Ravenwing Assault lets you move all of your Ravenwing units before the beginning of the battle.

   

So once you've got your leader, you've really only got a few units to choose from.  The Command Squads are each led by a Master, and each get a Standard Bearer and Apothecary.

   

Note that all of the Ravenwing units are Relentless!  They can shoot even if they retreated!

   

Anyhow, I've got to leave something for the actual pdf, so you'll have to go there for the Vehicles :P

No comments:

Post a Comment