Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Magore’s Fiends

I knew I wanted to get Magore's Fiends because my favorite warband to play so far has been Gor-rek's Reavers.  I didn't actually have a plan in mind for these guys when I bought them, but it didn't take me long to stumble across something fun.  I was just dry fitting bitz, trying to decide between mutation, or nurglifying them, or carving them down and putting Bretonian heads on them when I dry fitted an extra Great Unclean One tongue to Magore's gaping belly, and then moved it up to his head!  I was sold on the idea, and went from there.


So now they are Magore Redtongue, his faithful hound Riptooth, Ghartok Threeskull, and Zharkus the Tentaclesighted!  I painted them in pretty standard Khorne colors, putting down both a Seraphim Sepia and Agrax Earthshade washes.  I then drybrushed the flesh with Screaming Skull to give it that gross look and some nice high contrast.


Most of my Khorne stuff has lava basing, but I decided that didn't really fit what I wanted from these guys.  I decided to do rivers of blood basing like my Nurgle stuff.  I had already drybrushed the bases with grey and white, so I just put a very watered down layer of Evil Sunz Scarlet in the cracks, then washed it with Carroburgh Crimson, and finished it off with a layer of 'Ard Coat.


One person on Facebook suggested that this is what happens when the Chaos gods realize that their followers cannot die in Shadespire.  They just pile on the mutations with no fear of repercussions.

Anyhow, I figured I'd also give you a sneak peek at my next Shadespire project.  It's still in the early stages, but it's going to be a couple of Chaos Dwarves and their Grot slaves (although I'm still figuring out what to do with the squigs).




No comments:

Post a Comment