Tuesday, January 22, 2019

40k Warscrolls: Space Ork Flyers

Space Orkz have now been updated to include the new Speed Freek units as well as Flyers!  All of these warscrolls are now up for download at the 40k warscrolls page.  My favorite of the flyers is the Wazbom Blastajet, because it's ridiculous.  I had my own take on it adding the Kustom Job rule that lets you choose what type of preposterous upgrades the Big Mek has made.  Kustom Force Field may be the smart choice, but who could say no to the amazing Ramming Prow?!


When designing flyers, I try to balance them against War Machines in AoS.  My thought is that these should dish out about as much damage as a cannon or trebuchet, but have the benefit of being extremely mobile.

When working on the Blitza-bommer and the Burna-bommer, it seemed that the two could very much be a single warscroll, so I rolled them together into the Bommajet.  The Bommajet is super effective at dropping Boom Bombs on things, but has a risk of exploding in a Blaze of Glory (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).


Since I pared down the number of Bommers, I made a warscroll for the Forge World Warkopta.  I figured that it would be nice to have a flying transport to go with the other flyers.


I think the Dakkajet may be statistically the best of the flyers.  It keeps things simple with loads of dice, but the More Dakka rule with so many attacks can make it deadly!

No comments:

Post a Comment