Thursday, July 4, 2019

Throwback Thursday: inq28

I've lately been really inspired by all of the great blanchitsu, inq28, and aos28 stuff I see online.  I love making bizarre conversions, and am trying to broaden my horizons with regard to painting styles, so it's fun to see what other people are doing.  However, I'm actually no newcomer to inq28.  I bought the Inquisitor rulebook when it came out (I was a high school freshman) and played a fair bit of it with my brother.  I also had the Daemon Hunters and Witch Hunters army books and was inspired by the conversions sections in the back of them.

Anyhow, I dug out some of my old warband models and got photos of them!  They're not great, I was like... 16, but it's kind of fun to see what i was up to all the way back then.

This first picture is of Inquisitor Heep (a play on Uriah Jacobus), a weird servitor thing I made, a Necromunda ganger, and a zealot.



I also did some creative basing of the pewter servo-skulls.  They had pewter rods supporting them and I was not impressed, so I cut them off, did some green-stuff work, and supported them with copper wire instead.  You can see that I liked making servitors.  I don't know what I was thinking with the heavy bolter guy, he's mostly ork.  The cute little servitor is an old plastic dwarf at his core; his head is the light from the bottom of a land-speeder and his arm is the jet from a CSM backpack.  Of course in the center is a priestess converted from a Mordheim Sisters of Sigmar model (I recently slapped a coat of Skeleton Horde on her for kicks, it definitely improved her paint job).


While I sadly do not remember the names of most of these characters, I can't forget Inquisitor Fox (of the Flying Fox Brigade) because it's written on his base.  He largely palled around with this Sister of Battle, who I statted out by toning down the Space Marine profile (crossing it somewhat with the IG Veteran).  She was super busted.


Lastly, some zombie adversaries I made.  I'm not sure they ever saw actual play in Inquisitor, but I liked making conversions and these are some of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment