Thursday, April 25, 2019

Shadespire: Slurrghag’s Sloughnecks

I have finally completed my wacky conversion of the final warband in Season 1 of Shadespire!  Hooray!  I have converted Ironskull's Boyz to Slurrghag's Sloughnecks, chaos warriors of Nurgle.  

The conversion itself is a very simple head swap as you can see above.  Slurrghag has a Varanguard head, while his buddies have regular Chaos Warrior heads.  To make the warrior heads fit on the necks, I cut out a quarter circle area at the back of the head.

What's harder to see is all the green stuff work I did (because the plastic is also green...).  I carved off all of the orky symbols on the armour and axes.  On the axes, I applied a very thin layer of green stuff and poked circles in it with the butt of my paintbrush to make nurgley symbols.



I had to build gross rotten necks with greenstuff, and you can see that I made them very lumpy so that I could paint them to be all pustulent.  I also added some underarm flab with greenstuff, either bulking out the underarm area with bloated pustules and whatnot, or in the case of the great-weapon guy, adding a whole dangly mess of infected and shredded arm waddle.

A habit of mine that I've had for a while came in very handy on this project.  Whenever I have a bit of excess green stuff, I roll it into a little ball or worm and leave it to dry.  So I have accumulated a collection of dried green stuff shapes to work with.  For Slurrghag's broach, I wanted to make a nurgle symbol, so I took some green stuff balls and cut them in half.  It worked great!  I often use slices of the worms for rivets and such.

(my collection of dried green stuff)


The icons on Slurrghag's gut armour and on the back of the great-weapon guy's shoulderpad came from the Maggot Lords kit.  

In the back right of this picture, you can see the fifth guy I made for this unit.  I will probably use these guys as Chaos Warriors more frequently than I play Shadespire with them, so I made them a bell ringer out of an old Black Ork I had lying around.


Since I have now completed all of the season 1 warbands for Shadespire, I invite you to check out the rest of my Shadespire conversions!  Although, I've currently got 3 season 2 warbands waiting on my desk for inspiration to strike, and I'm going to buy Thundrik's Profiteers this weekend (probably the next one I'll work on because I love me some Chaos Dwarves).


2 comments:

  1. this may sound weird, but could you post a picture of your excess greenstuff worms? I'm usually at a loss for what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I added it to the body of the post :)

      Delete