Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Harpy

Back to getting Tyranid monsters on the table, we have the Harpy.  A few posts ago I talked about distinguishing between these monsters (especially when two are made from the same kit) and making sure that they are appreciably different.  The Harpy and Hive Crone were not (in my opinion) appreciably different.  They were both just flying bugs with cannons, so (after spending a long time looking at the models playing spot the difference) I did end up rolling those two together.


I did distinguish between the two cannon options, but ended up foregoing both Tentaclids and angry scream for Spore Mine Cysts, because those seemed like the more interesting option.  I tried something a little different with the Drool Cannon, instead of having the damage/rend/hit/wound drop as it gets injured, the range on the weapon drops.  I don't think this should cause any problems as the Harpy has somewhat reduced damage output when compared to similar monsters.  It dishes out a little less damage to make up for the fact that it is a very mobile ranged combatant, something that deserves a pretty high premium in AoS.

No comments:

Post a Comment