Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Battletome: Necrontyr

I've just wrapped up the last of the important Battletomes.  I still intend to upgrade "Imperium" to a battletome, as well as to tackle Harlequins and Adeptus Mechanicus (at some point in the future); but Necrons were the last mainstream army that didn't have points and battle traits and such yet.



This army took me a while because I had a tough time coming up with good battle traits for them.  I'm ultimately pretty happy with what I ended up with, and only time will tell if people like them, but here we go.

The two Necrontyr Battle Traits are named "Disruption Fields" and "The Awakening".  Disruption Fields gives them some extra psychological (and functional) defense against getting torn up in melee.  Whenever a necron model is slain, you get to roll a dice and on a 6, one enemy unit within 3" suffers a mortal wound.

The Awakening allows your heroes to summon allies.  I figured since that is Death's schtick in general, it would be a good one; and I always did like the Necrons awakening and crawling out of the ground aesthetic.


In keeping with the usual patterns, one of the Command Traits buffs The Awakening, granting the general a +1 bonus to awaken their slumbering allies.  I may increase that to a +2 bonus, but I'll leave it at +1 for the time being.  Combining the Command Traits and Artefacts, you can put together some pretty survivable generals, but you'll have to choose between that or doing extra reanimation!  The power is yours.

   

The new battletome is live at the 40k warscrolls link.

6 comments:

  1. Hello. One more time : a big thank you for this awesome work.
    The Canoptek have 5 wounds. Is it normal, or an error ? Because it seems very hard to kill, and a deadly unit combined with "Entropic Aura" ?.

    P.S. Scuse me for my poor english

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the feedback. They are intended to have 5 wounds and are built off of the framework of the Nurglings warscroll. Have you played any games with them? If so, how did they play?

      Delete
    2. Hello. I didn't play game with them, i just read the warscroll. But when you speak about nurglings, i understrand my error : I have 3 scarabs or 4 scarabs on one base. I thinked it was 5 wounds by scarbs. But if it works like nurgling, it would be 5 wounds for an entire base. I'm not very fluent in english and i have a little problem with the term "one model". I don't know if one model = one base, or one model = one scarab.

      Thank you for your response.

      Delete
    3. I'm glad that helped. When I refer to "one model", I am referring to "one base" with several little models on it (for swarms).

      Delete
  2. It's me again :) Perhaps a little error :
    The Necron Destroyer inflicts 1 damage with "Gauss Cannon". The Ability Gauss Cannon says : D3+1 damage instead of D3.

    The Heavy Destroyer inflicts D3 dammage with "HEavy Gauss Cannon". The Ability Heavy Gauss Cannon says : D3+1 damage instead of D3.

    Is there an error in the ability "Gauss Cannon" for the Necron Destoyer ? Is it "inflicts D3 dammage instead of 1" or something like this ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Gauss Cannon should read "inflicts 2 damage instead of 1". Thank you for catching that, I'll get it fixed :)

      Delete