Tuesday, October 16, 2018

40k Warscrolls: Works in Progress

I haven't posted any new warscrolls in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been working on them!  I've just been going slower.  Also, most of what's left to work on is just more varieties of Space Marines (and Chaos Space Marines).  So the two upcoming projects are the Unforgiven and Nurgle Astartes.  These two are going to be Warscroll Compendiums without their own Battle Traits and so forth.  However, they are both very versatile.

   
Nurgle Astartes (i.e. Death Guard) can be fielded using the Chaos Astartes allegiance, or the Nurgle allegiance from the Maggotkin of Nurgle battletome.  They are inspired by both, but also add a lot of their own flavor and mechanics to the mix.  One of my favorite warscrolls is the Lord of Contagion.


I took some creative liberties with this guy, but I'm very happy with it so far (these are all very much works in progress, so everything is subject to change).  His command ability is based on an idea I had for an alternate Nurgle allegiance ability.  He can dole out contagions that either buff your units or debuff enemy units, and can be passed around the battlefield hopefully turning it into a roiling mess of disease.


I've also brought the Plague Marines warscroll much more into line with the newer Plague Marine kits.  They can now take a "blight" tactical weapon option as well as a Plaguesword or Power Fist for the champion.

On the loyalist side (but still green) we have the Unforgiven.  I have fully embraced the Deathwing and Ravenwing dichotomy to build two sub-factions that can be fielded together or separately.

   

If your general is a Deathwing Captain, Deathwing Knights are a battleline unit, while if your general is a Ravenwing Captain, Ravenwing Knights are a battleline unit.


Last but not least (but definitely least far along in the development process) is the Astartes Templars.  The first unit I'm working on for them is one of my favorites.  It's a warscroll for the servitors that come with High Chaplain Grimauldus.  They've always caught my eye, and I thought they would be a good choice for a Templars unit.  They are definitely not fighty, not even the slightest bit.  However, they provide some very nice buffs for nearby Chaplains and Templars units!

2 comments:

  1. Will we see Mortarion in the Nurgle Astartes battletome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I tend to shy away from named characters, but there will definitely be a warscroll for the model.

      Delete